Where's the wonderful world?

I see trees of green, in the pictures of yore;
I imagine the shade, the fruits and so much more.
And I ask to myself, where’s the wonderful world?

The skies used to be so blue and clouds so white
the birds would chirp all day, frogs croaked all night
but now the skies and clouds are in shades of grey
and as my heart yearns for a bright sunny day
I ask to myself, where’s the wonderful world?

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
have faded into the darkness, of the smoke going by
I see people go through life, missing what has been lost;
The beauty they pawned off, but at what cost?

If only I could go back, I’d make everything right;
I’d profess my love to her, under the starry night
The days would brighten up and the rains would fall
And it would wash away, the writing on the wall.

But now I ask to myself, where’s the wonderful world?
Oh! I ask to myself, where’s the wonderful world?

                                                            -Man, February 14, 2051 


Inspired from Louis Armstrong’s “what a wonderful world”

No comments:

Post a Comment