The Propositions of a Married Man


Its been two months since we got wed,
Its better now than never, instead,
To ask you if you'd always be,
The butter on my bread.

If I build castles in the air,
Will you feed the crocodiles of the moat?
And if I go whaling to the lake,
Will you promise not to rock the boat?

And in return, I promise to
swing along wherever your mood takes you.
And to always love you the same (if not more)
as the day when I first met you.

Without much ado, let me propose
to be with you, through joys and woes.
And walk with you through sun and rain,
wherever our destiny goes.

_______________________________________________________

For my wife, Bira, on the occasion of "Propose Day" in Valentine's Week 2013 (There is a teenager left in all of us) and for successfully negotiating 60 days as my life partner.

5 comments:

  1. From the last couple of days since I read this, I am thinking and thinking, what should I comment? And everytime I read it, I like it even more!
    And each time, just one thing comes to my mind, May you guys always stay together... Forever!! Touchwood!

    (Not just May, but even June, July and the following months for all the coming years.. ;) )
    (*Kaala Teeka* Kisiki nazar na lage..)

    ReplyDelete