A Puerile Dream

One day, a little hand will grasp my finger,
and will introduce me to my adult dream.
But until that time, I'll be a child,
frolicking without worries, in time's stream.


She'll make me realize that what I thought, right; is wrong.
she'll make me realize that what I thought weak; is strong.
She'll make me realize that a 'happening place' is not necessarily where people throng.


She'll make me realize that my biggest wish,
is not worth her one cry of avarice.
she'll make me realize that a simple smile,
can make me want any daunting task, to be reprised.


I'll realize that a penny saved today,
will realize one of her dreams tomorrow.
I'll realize that the day she leaves,
will bring me my greatest moment of sorrow.
One day, a little hand will grasp my finger,
and will teach me a new meaning of life itself...
but till that time, this waking dream,
will inspire me to survive.

2 comments:

  1. I wiped away a tear reading this, smiling at the same time :-) your dream did come true... Hearty Congratulations and a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that did work out right..Congo..

    ReplyDelete