A tomorrow full of yesterdays

Just seems like yesterday, when she was handed over to me by an ecstatic grandma, and my hands trembled.. my first child.. and the first child I ever held.. a bundle of joy wrapped tight in a bundle of cloth that once used to be her mother's dupatta.. she may resemble me but she will always be a part of her..

Today she sleeps beside me.. with a semblance of an actual person.. saying no to food when she doesn't feel like it.. showing signs of jealousy and possessiveness.. she stands up on her own, takes a step or two when I support her arms.. and independently, when her mother is in front of her.. she demands to be taken out for rides.. she demands to be treated with respect.. one angry stare or a loud no, and she will make sure that you feel sorry..

Tomorrow this today will be a yesterday.. and then there will be many, many yesterdays.. but no matter how many tomorrows come... It'll just seem like yesterday...

4 comments:

  1. Wow..enjoying days with its small moments is life. That's what your blogs always say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..enjoying days with its small moments is life. That's what your blogs always say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of it so resonates with me... Its as if you are capturing my journey as well in your words.. :-)

    ReplyDelete