confusing, life

I did something odd today. I went up one of the fly-overs of my town (one of the 3 fly-overs, almost a relic. People often forget that its a fly-over!) I stood by the side, took out my I-pod and started a nice slow song. After sometime, I realized something. My mind was in a state of confusion because what it was hearing was slow and smooth but what it saw and felt was anything but that. And queerly enough, I enjoyed this state of cognitive dissonance.

But we do this more often then we think we do it. Many times we restrict ourselves from becoming too happy, reminding ourselves that this moment of happiness will be short lived. And that it will be followed by misery which seems to be more or less, inevitable. Misery is necessary evil. Many times when we say something that we really wish for, we add "touch wood". In both these instances, we confuse happiness by giving the miseries, the dues it never asks for.

We try our best to confuse life. Because, we believe that in the time that life loses in confusion, we really live.

No comments:

Post a Comment