Angels on earth....

This past week saw the successful completion of a day dreaded by many Indian men.... that's right, Rakshabandhan!!.... The occasion has been a tumultuous one for me too... but for different reasons....

It is an unstated postulate that we all crave for something that we don't have (the inverse of which is that, we don't realize the true worth of what we have)..... So, just for the fact that I was not endowed with one, I had this yearning for a sister.. (all those guys who find this despicable.... press alt+left arrow)........ and and and...... one more sad unstated postulate is that, if you really wanna have something/someone, you have to prove that you don't need it/him/her..... so the loan always goes to the person who proves that he doesn't need it..... the Boy always goes behind the girl who neglects his very existence....and vice versa...... so for some strange reason, all the girls in school used to be gung ho about "catching" the most famous studs.... whereas the geeks were left to fend for themselves (case in point, being me)..... So I still remember all those years when my packet of pens used to return home in its original state (giving pens to sisters was a fad during those days.... ah! those cheap cheap times!!!)..... soon, I found better..... how should i put this.... hmmmmmm...... usage??..... of an image of a girl (perverted, of course!....good ol' days!).... and hence, alleviated my urge to get citizenship in sister-dom.....

Ah!!... But that's where the second postulate came into force..... Just try to imagine this.... (not for the weak hearted)....... I found all my sisters during my college days!!!!!..... yeah, I can understand the goosebumps you are having right now.....But, its been a happy experience for me..... I hope I don't get some fatwa for saying this, but I truly feel that sisters are the guiding angel for all us men..... specially elder sisters..... they are motherly, but from the same generation.... they are friends, but with no strings attached.... they are your confidante, who can, of course blackmail you every once in a while (you win some, you lose some!)..... They are everything that you want a woman to be..... with an added benefit of having none of the traits you wouldn't want in women... They are like the litmus paper who teach you how to react to women; before the more important ones come into your lives... They are always there for you (whether, you like it or not!)... and it is one of the very few relations that does not change during the course of a life time.. sadly, it is also one of the relationships which is under a perennial threat of being taken for granted....

Hence, I hope every man who reads this post looks at his sister in a more caring way... and every woman who reads this.... feels that much more special about being a woman.... God Bless you all..... So that you may bless us back.....

"Ok.....so I wrote what u wanted, didi.....

Can I please have my bike keys back now?"


No comments:

Post a Comment