Life has been good to me..

It is so easy to personify life into a human-like creature... Treat it as a third person... and give it the diabolical ability to cause us pain... work with luck to make things work... connive with destiny to deprive us of all the things that we ‘think’ we deserve..

Unfortunately, our tendency to personify life is not just restricted to our sorrowful moments; it extends to the joyous ones as well.. When everything works as per plan, “Life is good”... “Life has given me everything I ever wanted”... “I’ve no complaints with life”...

This does not necessarily absolve it off all allegations of giving us a shady corner where we tend to hide our short comings.. Instead of accepting certain deficiency in our efforts or abilities, it becomes easier to just personify life and implicate it for all the wrong doings.. This only makes us vulnerable to repeat those same mistakes; face those same failures.. again and again and again..

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written!!! I loved your thoughts and they made me think about what I think about them...Confused u must be..:P I took the liberty of posting my views on your blog. Hope you like them too. :)

    http://suruchi-backtobasics.blogspot.com/2010/08/because-life-is-like-that.html

    ReplyDelete