A cherished amnesia

I don’t remember her face. I don’t remember her gaze.
I don’t remember the beautiful way she smelt.
I don’t remember her smile. I don’t remember her touch.
I don’t remember how wonderful it felt.

I don’t remember the screams. I don’t remember the shouts.
I don’t remember the passionate fights we fought.
I don’t remember the quips. I don’t remember the taunts.
I don’t remember the civility that she taught.

I don’t remember the way we used to join our names.
I don’t remember the pride with which I wrote them down.
I don’t remember the pictures that I hid behind frames.
I don’t remember the acts as an intentional clown.

I don’t remember all this. I don’t remember all that.
I don’t remember much of what happened as such.
All I remember now are things I remember not.
I wish I forget everything, I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment