I guess 'breathing' is a good enough title....

Realizations occur in odd, various ways... a quiet distant relative of mine had come to my place today.... I had met him for the first time in my life.... Things started of slow.... but I did recognize certain mannerisms very native to my father's side of the family from the very beginning... but the actual show started post lunch.... and what a session it was!!...... certain excerpts, inferences and learning....

First of all, Are we breathing?? according to one school of thought (which is quite persuasive, i must add), we are not..... That's right.... what we thought that we were doing all our lives is something that we have never done..... let me try and explain how..... right now you must be sitting, right?? How can you say that "I am sitting"?..... you can say that you are sitting only because you had the option of standing, sleeping, kneeling, squatting etc.... and yet, you CHOSE to sit..... so you can argue that "I am sitting" only because you are capable of doing otherwise too... similarly, you can say that "I am going outside the room" because you can decide to do otherwise too and stay put in the room..... so if some one kicks you out of the room, its only but natural for you to say that "I am not going out, I am being forced to go out"..... So, keeping this logic in mind.... lets answer once again..... Am I breathing?..... can i decide to do otherwise? can i stop breathing?..... unless you are quite suicidal by nature, i guess the answer is no.... so what we are doing is basically allowing the air to go in and out..... Food for thought, isn't it?.... think about it.... I know that I am..... because, I know that I can do otherwise and not think about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment