of the clever and the wise...

How I wish I could learn from other people's mistakes!.... I would never have to commit another mistake in life.... I have read much, but I remember less.... If God lies in details, I guess I'm a little too religious.... I had read once that a person is clever if he learns from his mistakes.... but he is wise if he learns from other people's mistakes...

But I know too well that learning from other people's mistake is not a luxury that I am privileged to indulge in..... for me to learn, I have to commit my own set of mistakes..... Because that is one of the inherent characteristics of mistakes.... No two mistakes are ever the same.... they may be similar but never the same.... We commit mistakes in our own environment; our own domain..... and the environment is different for each one of us..... at least we perceive it differently.... That is why even twins who are born and brought up under the same conditions, turn out to be completely different.... each one unique in their own respect.... You are unique.... Just like everyone else....

Come to think of it..... if we cant learn from other people's mistakes, then how are we to learn from other people's success?? Because, just like mistakes, success is also unique to an individual domain.... what I may consider to be a success, may not be the same for you... The answer to this question has the potential to destroy a Billion dollar industry.... that of self-help books, motivational literature and for that matter, even autobiographies....

I can proudly say that I have never actively read an autobiography.... let me repeat, I have never ACTIVELY read an autobiography..... because I would never want my success to be scaled in a parameter, set by someone else.... My idea of success is different.... but it'll always be a success for me...

I do not wish to say that you are wasting your time if you read self-help books or autobiographies.... They do motivate at some levels.... but still, one has to succeed on one's own steam and for one to success.... one has to live with one's own set of failures.....

a Wise man is not an ideal.... an ideal is constrained by the limitation that it can never be achieved.... to be wise is difficult, not impossible..... this world is filled with people who are clever and wise.... and at different times and under different circumstances, the wise or the clever will inherit the earth.... it also depends on who is writing the blog....

1 comment:

  1. Well, that is a pretty good insight into the world of success and failure. And yes, this article does have the potential to destroy the billion dollar industry of Motivational books, which i must say,are increasing exponentially. As they say, success is like a ladder. To reach the pinnacle,you climb every step, which presents itself in the form of an oppurtunity.This oppurtunity does not occur in the same form, in same circumstances, as pointed out by murthi.Ability lies in the person to recognize and sieze the oppurtunity. In this aspect,one can learn it only from oneself and not by observations of others.Lastly,its rightly said,"Failures are the pillars of success". if there are no pillars, no chance for success to stand tall and for long, my friends.

    ReplyDelete