Black and White...

David Ogilvy would have hated my blog.... The great advertiser was of the view that the matter layout should always be black letters on a white background, rather than what you see right now... But the purpose of my blog is impress myself, to supress myself and to express myself... Taking care of Mr. Ogilvy's ground rules doesn't figure in my scheme of things...

I started this blog with a very basic post and a very basic idea that I wish to share my interpretation of life with all those who care to read... somewhere down the line, my life has started mimicking my blog rather than the other way around.... The present layout of this blog defines the present status of my life....

I experimented with colors... I chose some which really didn't define me.... and gave them an opportunity to do so.... they disappointed.... a color that you dont wish to see on yourself is a stain.... so the only option left with me was Black or white.... Here on, it was just a matter of cancelling the non-viable options (something, I used extensively in my MBA entrances)... so I've decided to opt for black because I know that I dont want to opt for white.... for me, white signifies tameness, defeat, rigidity, lameness and all the similar words that you may find for the ones already mentioned, in the thesaurus... Black is infinite, enigmatic, curious..... I love the way black makes your eyes strain in order to make these words legible... I love the concept of infinite black.... no beginning, no end, enveloping everything, yet so empty.... revealing nothing yet explaining so much.... One more thing about black is that it never surprises... one doesn't expect much from black so there is not much expectation to live up to.... when all the colors have disappointed in one way or the other, I thought that it was the apt time to embrace black...

If you have any comments, let me know.... I really dont know if I'd care... but I'd still like to know....

1 comment:

  1. Well, right you are my friend, i would go for Black any day. Of all the colours, I think Black has some special power, which attracts everyone's attention towards it. Ignoring the possible combinations of the basic colour to form a more attractive(Maybe), Black on its own has the style tag attached to it.Big cars always look smashing in Black, whether be it day or night(Or for that matter take the movie, Men in Black).To a blind man, Black is his life(As in the movie, Black). Pure Black hair indicates youth.A black screen puts less stress rather than say, a white screen which flashes those photons which come charging at your eye. Black trousers go with any colour of shirt. In short, Black is compatible with everything, which I suppose is not true for the other colours.

    ReplyDelete