That extra mile

I saw a rather rare streak of energy in my mannerism today (or yesterday, if you are really serious about technical details).... Since past some years, I'd started assuming that I can spread happiness even passively.... somewhat like diffusion where the the ink drop spreads through the width and depth water... Today I realize that by trying a little harder... I can go an extra mile....

At an intensely abstruce yet an unconscious level, I wanted the day and the occasion to be the happiest... or even happier than a normal day... This eventually led to a laugh where a smile would have done.... and a smile where there were none.... A statement that need not have been necessary.... a temporary disregard towards bothering to determine what is necessary and what is not.... it was like an emotional high.... a point where you have an out of body experience... where you go somewhere between the heaven and earth and see yourself down below... that way you can control (or as in my case, let go) of oneself in a better way..... I loved myself today... Makes me wonder.... where I was all these years??.... did I go an extra mile today.... or was I travelling less all these while?...... I would love to be what I was today..... dont we all want a certain part of our lives freeze framed?... a perfect moment when everything was where it is supposed to be and everyone who were there, had to be there at that point in time....

2 comments:

  1. Well, It does feel good, doesn't it? On an emotional high, the world seems to be a happier place to live in. In case if you didn't know(but i think you do know), I do travel that extra mile almost daily. Its fun to portray yourself which is different from your natuaral self. Of course, some time you can reveal yourself. But then, you do manage to make the environment much better and it also adds that extra tinge of happiness in your life. And by the way, with reference to your line "where you go somewhere between the heaven and earth and see yourself down below", its no wonder that you fondly call me a martian. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on this one, making others happy does bring joy to one's own life, and for once, one can forget about what is bothering oneself... so as to just bask in the glory of the moment for which one might have as well become a demigod.

    ReplyDelete