Mid-term Polls...

One of the toughest job for a writer to do, is to read his/her own work.... Some times you just look at an old essay, letter or a blog in disbelief and say "did I really write this?" which is usually followed by "Why the hell cant I write like this anymore?".... Both are rhetorical questions, by the way..... On the other hand, there is always some work of art which we are not particularly proud of.... hence the adage, "my best is yet to come"...... well, I did the unthinkable over the past few days.... I actually read all my blogs!!!.... and here are my conclusions..... If you think that i've been hard on myself then please let me know... If you think that i've let myself off quite easy then..... ditto.....
  1. It is so simple to be difficult, but so difficult to be simple.... I've been using rather esoteric words lately (and i rest my case!)
  2. I've been quite judgemental at times... how is a 22 yr old supposed to have undergone so many experiences and how has he made so many firm decisions on how life is? (rhetoric, just for the record)
  3. I've yakked a lot about what i've learnt through the experience but i've hardly shared my experience... so you know how much wiser i've become, but dont know from which shade of stupidity did i achieve that enlightenment! (there I go proving my first point again!)
  4. I've been rather verbose..... it could've been shorter..... sweeter.....
  5. I might try and become a little less altruistic (wordweb, here i come!)
  6. I need to loosen up a bit..... I am not an octagenarian writing my memoirs about times immemorial.... a little bit humor always softens the blow!
  7. I need to be more regular!..... a post, a day will sound like Doogie Howser M.D.... but i got to be somewhere between here and Doogie...

Let me know if I missed out on anything..... I dunno if i'd be able to incorporate all these points in future.... but I guess, realization is a beginning.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment