To Rhyme or Not to Rhyme...

Words, now, resemble bricks on a wall,
What was once a ripple in the river.
Pearls of an oyster, indifferent to the strings of tune.
The world still makes sense, when the words don't rhyme.

I say what I mean, the message still goes through.
People need not always follow suit, but I at least did my job.
I might as well have said, "At least my job, I did do".
But the world still makes sense, when the words don't rhyme.

What good did the poet do, that the playwright didn't?
Lives are changed by reason, not rhyme.
To rhyme is vanity. A picture of a lavish spread in front of the starved.
To rhyme is hypocrisy. What rhymes with "rhyme"? sublime? lime? dime?
The world still makes sense, when the words don't rhyme.

We all sense the same, in a different way.
Making sense was never a reason to rhyme.
The world may still make sense, when the words don't rhyme.
But that was never the point.

1 comment:

  1. Rhyming is good fun!
    Keeps life interesting, for one!
    Without dear ole silly rhymes
    Poetry is confined to big brainy minds!
    Just some food for thought for you...
    But this isnt the point here, too!

    The point is - nice one :)
    Have a great birthday! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete