Conundrum of Hopes and Dreams....

It is funny to see how close poets come to understanding life. Considering their tendency to being utter quirks, we never expect them to even care of life, let alone know about it. But they do... they really do.... Why else would Robert Frost have said "two roads diverged in a yellow wood"...

We all have our own proverbial private forks in the roads... It comes at different times for different people and means different things to different people.. My fork has come.... there was a time when I was fond of quantifying the number of forks, I've been through... but frankly, it was just taking a lot of my time and patience..

A very long, pampered, excessively dependent period of my life is coming to an end... In the words of DJ in Rang De Basanti, I'm going to the other side of the college gates.... and I can get a feeling of everything thats about to change.. one of the biggest change is the strange confusion of hopes and dreams...

Previously, all dreams were safely classified as dreams... things which could be obtained only by some freaky change of events.... but now, dreams seem so achievable... its like previously i thought, I'd buy that car some day.... after cashing in on the provident fund cheque or something.... but now I have the tenacity to assume that I may be able to get a loan for it or something after 4-5 years of hard "meaningful" work!!.... that is of course discounting the fact that I'd have to save every penny of my earnings and would not be able to spend on luxuries of life like food, water, clothing and shelter etc!!..... but thats a small price for a car, isn't it??...

There was a time when the land acquisition rates in Mumbai were exquisitely meant to quote as trivia.... "Do you know that a flat at NCPA, Marine Drive, went for Rs 98,000 a square foot?!"... but now, my heart skips a beat everytime there is a talk of tweaking in the home loan interest rates!.... all this, when I'm not even elligible for a two wheeler loan for next 6 months!!...I know that I'm still thinking in raving discordant thoughts like Raskolnikov of Crime and Punishment... but I can see that the tenacity has increased...

If you look at life in closer details, you'll see that at any stage of life, we are as happy as the ratio between dreams dreamt and dreams achieved.... the closer this fraction comes to One... the better off we are and happier we are with ourselves.... I'm starting out this phase with many tenacious dreams.... only time and future blog posts will tell me how happy I am....

1 comment:

  1. Hey :)
    so i just did a marathon read of these last 6 posts in reverse chronological order... that's how long its been since i was here last... so this is just to announce that i still love your words... and it never ceases to surprise me how much i love the thoughts behind them :)

    take care, and here's hoping future blog posts convey a sense of happier times :)

    ReplyDelete