The downside of Happiness


"If an idle mind is a devil's workshop, a preoccupied one is probably where he goes for a vacation."

Read this statement carefully, folks! It is a Murthism that has arrived to me after a long long time.. Sometimes, I really miss those days of abject haplessness, unintentional solitude (also known as loneliness) and self-deprecating sorrows.. I admit that I didn't have much, but I at least had things to vent out... A process that invariably led to a somewhat steady production cycle of Murthisms and blog posts.. Then one fine day, Happiness struck back with a vengeance...

So, the United States of Happiness toppled the creatively fruitful but an unarguably dictatorial regime of Masochism.. And thereafter, gave M/s Smiles Inc. the job of reconstructing the dilapidated infrastructure and reinstated democracy by bringing in a rubber stamp government headed by Mr. Contentment in coalition with a certain Mr. Complacency.

The result? A period where every day is so good that I can't really differentiate one day from another; a period where I doubt my perceptions about the world because I feel that I'm looking through rose tinted glasses; a period where I feel that everything needs to be experienced and not necessarily written about.

Now, I will get to the point (finally!!).... Till the time, this existing government is not voted out through an incumbency wave or thrown out due to a military coup, please bear with the irregular blog updates and murthism msgs. Thank you for your patience, it will be tested rather rigorously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment